For anyone living in Europe: the first heatwave of the season is forecast for tomorrow, and will likely stretch until Friday. Please stay safe.
- Open your windows at night BUT close everything, including blinds and curtains, during the day
- If you need it, buy a fan, a cold blanket or a cooler
- Drink a lot
- Also drink mostly water, without ice
- If you can, avoid getting out in the sun between 11am and 6pm
- If you need to go outside, wear sunscreen and a hat
- Also loose clothes and natural, breathable fabrics
- Think of your pets!
- Make sure they have access to water and shade, bring them inside the house if possible, don’t leave them in a car alone
- Check on your grandma and other elderly relatives!
- Old people are at risk during hot weather, so remind them to drink and stay inside with their blinds closed
If you or people you know are experiencing the following symptoms
- chest pain
- intense thirst
- cramps that get worse or don’t go away
call an ambulance.